If you're into full make-up coverage then you will know that foundation application is extremely important to the process. Applying it correctly is essential because it acts as the base for the rest of your make-up and will affect how your face looks. The first thing to do is to find a foundation that matches your skin tone. Do not go too dark or too light. The aim of foundation is to seem like you have flawless skin so it needs to match your skin.
- Wash your face AND hands thoroughly; then apply moisturizer of your choice. Do not apply the foundation straight away. Let your face dry.
- Some foundations are oil based, some are powder, some are cream. If you do have bottled foundation then shake well before applying to your applicator (whether sponge or brush or finger tips).
- Place dots of the foundation around your face on areas such as your chin, cheeks, nose and forehead.
- Use your applicator to evenly spread the foundation around your face. Try not to leave any streaks or obvious delineations between the jaw line and neck. To prevent this, blend the foundation down into your neck. Do the same for your hair line. Try to blend the foundation into your hair line as best as possible.
- Setting the foundation is not always necessary. The need for this is dependent on how good the brand is or the type of foundation you use. In any case, set the foundation with loose powder. Do not apply too much.
Keep in mind that foundation does not need to be applied everywhere on the face. You can place it in troublesome areas and/or keep it light in other areas of the face. Just remember that blending is very important to looking natural. Always apply foundation with a clean sponge or brush. As for loose powder, it will have to be reapplied occasionally for persons with oily skin but it is said that pressed powder lasts longer for oily skin.
The applicator also makes a big difference in applying foundation. Sponges use up more product and do not spread the foundation as well as a brush. However, sponges are easily replaceable while brushes get worn out after cleaning them often. But having a brush with you proves to be more convenient just in case you need to re-apply at some point in the day. I hope this was helpful!
Peace, Love & Blaze,