The smokey eye look has been around for a very long time making it a classic eye makeup trend. For this look you will need:
- eye primer (optional but good for keeping the shadow in place)
- a light shadow and a dark shadow
- makeup brushes (or q-tips)
Let's take it step by step:
- Apply primer. The purpose of eyelid primer is to ensure that the lid stays oil free. The matte surface provides the "glue" for your eye shadow so it stays in place all day and doesn't sweat or melt off. An alternative for primer is concealer. Give it a try.
- Line your upper lash line. Use a colour similar to the eyes hadow colours you have chosen, making the line thicker in the middle of the lid than on the inner and outer corners. Make sure the eyeliner is a pencil because it is much easier to smudge into your eye shadow than a liquid liner.
- Blend in the same colour on the bottom lashes. Smudge the eyeliner to give a smokey effect on the lower lash line.
- Apply the lighter eye shadow. Place the shadow all over your lid all the way up to your brow bone.
- Blend in the darker eye shadow. Keep the dark shadow below the crease. Once that is applied heavily then blend out the edges of that up into the lighter eyeshadow. This will create the smokey effect.
- Finish the look with several coats of mascara. Do this to increase the volume of your lashes and also to keep them dark and blended in with the overall look.
I hope these steps were helpful :)
Peace, Love & Blaze,