As you can see I've been trying to hop on to the fall 2012 trends by updating items I already own. I've also been getting so deep in DIY ideas and it's a wonderful feeling. Below I'll show you how I updated a pair of textured black heels with the metallic trend by adding gold spray paint to sections of it. Now it has moved from every day shoes to special occasion ones; and, it goes perfectly with any Jamaican get-up I decide to wear when feeling patriotic. Take a look.
1. I started with a clean pair of black shoes.
2. Then, I taped the areas that I didn't want to be exposed to the spray paint. Take the time to properly follow seam lines and cover the tips of the shoe if you want a certain kind of detail.
3. Stuff the interior of the shoe with newspaper then spray the exposed areas.
4. Let the shoe sit over night and dry.
5. Remove the tape when the spray paint has dried completely and you're good to go!
I really hope that you like this quick DIY. Let me know what you think!
Peace, love & Blaze,
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Google+
Watch me on YouTube