Hey everyone! This is my very first attempt at a DIY. The peplum trend has been around for some time and I decided to rock it to work a few weeks back. The interesting part is that I don't own any peplum pieces so I had to make it myself. Don't worry! I did it in only a few minutes and didn't even need to sew. I'm going to break it down for you step by step so you can see how simple and easy this DIY is. Let's go!
1. Start with an a-line dress.
2. Put a pencil/mini skirt over the dress. Ensure that the skirt is a comfortable fit.
3. From underneath the skirt, fold the dress hem upward and bring it over the waist of the skirt.
4. Allow the waist band of the skirt to hold the dress hem in place and fix the faux peplum to your liking. You can make it as long or short as you want.
5. Style accordingly. On the left is how I wore it to work: pencil skirt, belt and pearls. On the right shows the peplum blouse with a shorter skirt for a different occasion, accessorized with a necklace.
I hope this is as easy for you to do as it was for me. This if proof that you can be trendy without having to alter your clothes. Get creative and try this DIY with bright colours to colour block or even mix prints! Enjoy!
Peace, Love & Blaze,
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Google+
Watch me on YouTube