The posts have been few and far between but a lot is happening in my life right now and things have been hectic (to say the least). I did this DIY two weeks ago and finally got around to putting it online. It's a simple tutorial on how to make short shorts from, well, long shorts (or quarter length pants, if you please). Essentially it's a no-sew project which allows you to adjust the cuffs of the shorts to whatever length you like for the mood you're in. So you can cuff it modestly or make it super short at any given time. Here goes!
1. Gather your stuff: - fabric scissors, tape measure, pen/pencil/tailor's chalk, long shorts (lol)
2. Fold the pants in half and ensure that both legs are at equal length.
3. Use the tape measure to measure from the hem of the long shorts to the point that you want to cut the legs. For me, this was 5 inches from the hem. Measure across the hem and mark the 5 inch points. Repeat on next leg.
4. Draw a line connecting the dots that you marked while measuring. This will be your cutting line. Repeat on next leg. CAREFULLY cut along the line of each leg individually.
5. Then it will look something like this (on the right leg). Fold/cuff the legs to the length you desire.
And you're done!
I hope this is as easy for you as it was for me. Have fun!
Peace, Love & Blaze,