Good morning everyone!
This post is long overdue but we're still in Spring so it's never too late. I've been celebrating Spring since it started and I've come to realize that a lot of Jamaicans don't make note of the seasons and rightfully so. It's almost always hot and I guess when it comes to the average Jamaican, we're just thinking about how comfortable we can be in our climate. This is part of why Spring trends this year excite me. Most of my favourites are wearable and applicable to Jamaicans. You just have to do some of them in moderation. Even if the textures are not your style you can still go for the colour palette. Some current Spring colours include pastels and pastel versions of last Summer's/Autumn's shocking colour trend; paler versions of the Winter season's jewel tones; camo-green (yes STILL); and WHITE! And you can't hate on white when it comes on to this blazing sun.
I'm going to share with you just a few of my favourite trends from the international Spring 2013 runway trends.
1. Black & White: Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs
2. Peek-a-boo Pieces: BCBG, Cushnie et Ochs, Diane von Furstenberg
3. Statement Sunglasses: Anna Sui, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Diane von Furstenberg
4. Bold Stripes: Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs
5. Leather: Derek Lam, Monique Lhuillier, Proenza Schouler
6. Lace: Luisa Beccaria, Loewe, Oscar de la Renta
7. Florals: Paul & Joe, Pierre Balmain, Zac Posen
I will be uploading a video very soon of my personal Spring 2013 Lookbook. Stay tuned for that. Thanks for reading.
* First 5 images courtesy of Glamour.com
* Last 2 images courtesy of Elle.com & Edited by Me
Peace, Love & Blaze,
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Google+
Watch me on YouTube